A magnetic pickup is an AC generator. It is normally installed into the flywheel housing of an internal combustion engine, so that the starter ring gear acts upon it to generate a voltage pulse each time a gear tooth passes the end of the sensor.
- Output Leads: Two insulated leads, 20AWG, STR/TEF insulated per MIL-W-16878D Type E, 1 White and 1 Black
- Output Voltage: 200 V.P.P. TYP. (tested at 1000 I.P.S. 20 Pitch gear, 0.005 Gap., and 100K OHM Load)
- Potting: Internal portion of pickup is filled with epoxy resin, making the magnetic pickup oil and moist resistant
- Total Length: 3 in. (76 mm)
- Threaded Length: 3 in. (76 mm)
- Thread Size: 5/8-18 UNF